Tomorrow I have one of the biggest pitches of my life. We’re asking a major corporate for some major funding so that we can have a major impact on South Africa.
Today was exhausting, but we managed to:
- Complete and polish our slide deck
- Make our pitch perfect
- Buy me new clothes (for anyone that knows me, this is a major accomplishment)
- Buy foods and snacks (v. important)
- Rework a component of our strategy
- Design a mock-ups of our final product
- Design pamphlet to go with the final product
- Print the mock-ups and pamphlet
- Reprint them because they needed to be perfect
- Cry again but a little more gracefully
- Take selfies
- Draft a letter of intent to be signed in by the corporate after our meeting
- Clear out emails and messages we ignored during the day
Tomorrow’s pitch is the culmination of years of work.
And yet we still don’t feel ready.
But for a moment like this, you can never quite feel ready.
It’s time to take the jump, let’s hope like hell our flying contraption works.
Image is from a lookout point in Citrusdal, while on a weekend away there with some of my favourite people.
Song of the day: Illenium – Crashing